Sunday, March 11, 2012

Christmas

Christmas is one of the highlights of our year. We look forward to spending time together away from our daily routine, the excitement of our kids, making memories, spending time with family, and celebrating the birth of our Savior.
We have a tradition of opening stockings before breakfast, which keeps me from having to get up too early to get everything started :)
This year, I decided to make red velvet doughnuts (on our finest china, as you can see).
Tink's "big" gift was the Disney Princess set
Bug's "big" gift was a basketball goal, but as you can see, the Buzz Lightyear wings were the definite favorite!
Tink asked for Snow White - don't even get me started on the difficulty finding this movie and how I feel about movies going into the "Disney Vault"...
Bug also got a pirate ship and costume
We left after lunch to celebrate with R's family.
This is the last time our kids saw R's Grandma - She was one of the most wonderful people I've ever known. She loved to see pictures on our blog, and liked to remind me about it if she hadn't seen any in awhile ;) Little did we know how truly special this picture would be!
On Christmas Eve, we continued to my parents' house to celebrate with the rest of our family.
This is my Grandad, who will celebrate his 90th birthday in April!
Nana is so good to buy presents that Mom would never dream of!
She even let the kids have "snowball" fights in the house!
If you ever see crocheted snowballs, buy them - trust me :)

No comments: