Saturday, February 6, 2010

Happy Birthday!

So, I'm a bit late in posting pictures and J's birth story, but I've been just a bit busy! I figured better late than never, so here goes:
I went to the doctor on the 19th (39 weeks) with no more progress than the week before. My doctor offered to induce me the following weekend, but we waited for Tink to come on her own, and that's what I felt the best doing. They all looked at me like I was crazy, and sent me away with a 40 week appointment and plans to induce on Feb 2 (41 weeks) if nothing happened by then. Tink and I had a great week together, doing puzzles, reading, and cooking. We even took her Daddy to the zoo for the first time! I felt strange most of the weekend, but didn't think much of it considering my previous experiences. The following Monday, R and I stayed up late watching TV and had only been asleep for about an hour when I woke up thinking I had wet the bed. About ten minutes later, I decided that what I felt was not "wetting the bed". I woke R and called my sister, and we were off to the hospital around midnight. As we arrived and I got hooked up to the monitors, I had a hard time believing that this was the real thing. The nurse was able to confirm that my water had broken, and we started the wait. Three hours later, I hadn't progressed (big surprise), so the doctor decided to put me on pitocin. I requested my epidural because pitocin scares me, and it's a good thing I did! I received both pitocin and the epidural around 4:30am, and by 5:15, I was fully dialated and ready to deliver! We waited for about 20 minutes for my doctor to arrive, and our sweet boy was born at 5:52. He weighed 7lbs 7oz and was 20in long. What a beautiful sight to see after going into labor at 32 weeks and being on bedrest for over a month - God is so good! We spent the next two days in the hospital snuggling with our little guy, getting used to having a newborn again, and looking forward to bringing him home and beginning our life as a family of four.

Welcome to the world

All clean

Bundled up

Sneaking in a nap

And three became four

Giving kisses

No comments: