Monday, October 25, 2010

Sewing Part 2 - for the boys :)

My second round of projects were "boy" themed - the first was stressful because I didn't have a pattern and it took me a few tries to get it right. The second two were new to me, but they turned out really well and I'm really proud of them! I'm already starting to look around for Thanksgiving and Christmas ideas :) I linked to the tutorials that I used in case you want to try one of them yourself.

Tag Football (I was scared to sew the threads, so my Dad helped me out) :)
Frankenstein shirt - I didn't like any of the "boy" Halloween shirts I saw in stores, so I decided to make my own! I cut and ironed on the fabric and appliqued with my sweing machine. Of course, Bug's favorite thing is chewing on the buttons.
I made these for Ryan's triathlon (he wore a spiderman jersey). I used a bleach pen to make the web and a freezer paper stencil for the spider and words. I was pleasantly surprised with the way they turned out and plan to use both of these techniques again!

No comments: