Saturday, October 29, 2011

Where did my baby go?

When did my baby turn into a toddler? I know, I know, his birthday was in January and he's well on his way to turning two, but I feel like every time I turn around, he's taller, and saying more, and doing things on his own ... It's fun and all, but sometimes I don't know how excited I am for him to go from being my baby to my little boy
Bug LOVES to be "side". Any time we pass by the door, he asks if we can go. Even if it's just for a minute, he loves to get a bit of fresh air. He's also becoming quite independent at the park. He loves to climb all the way to the top of the "fide" and squeels to be pushed higher on the "fing". He's even started to notice playgrounds from the car as we pass by ...
Not at all surprising in this family, but we have another music lover on our hands. He was repeating himself and bobbing his head the other day when I realized that he was "singing" the clean up song! He has started to request certain songs (Jesus Loves Me and Twinkle Twinkle are current favorites), and just today, asked to listen to "church" in the car (both kids are huge fans of Northwood's worship CD - so much more enjoyable for Mom than their #2 favorite, Veggie Tales). This was taken at a friend's house as he climbed up to play a little tune. Cute, right? Sure, until I left the room. When the music stopped and I decided to investigate, he was ON TOP of the piano! 
This boy LOVES shoes - his own, or any of ours. He often brings me a pair of shoes and asks to put them on (yes, those are princess shoes, it comes with the territory). His favorites are his cowboy boots and a pair of Cars crocs. He is also a big fan of the backpack in the first pic :)
This stroller is a big hit in a tiled living room - just imagine the speed :) He is starting to notice Sesame Street and Elmo, but is a big fan of Cookie Monster!
A big favorite at our house is "Toy Tory". We've seen it no less than a hundred times, and he loves Buzz, Woody, Bullseye, and Jessie. He said "a-bee-ya" for about a week before we realized he was saying "And Beyond!"

Can you tell I take a lot of pictures? When he plays with these blocks, he holds one up to his face and says, "cheese!"

Bug, you surprise me every day with the things you do and say. Our family just wouldn't be the same without you. You challenge me and scare me and make me laugh (sometimes all at the same time!) I love you, sweet boy, and I'm so proud and happy you're mine!

No comments: