Thursday, October 2, 2008

Picture Jitters

So, we're having professional pics taken on Saturday in downtown Grapevine. I am normally very excited about photography sessions - we had a great time doing this in the past. However, throw in a very cute but unpredictable six month old, and I'm a wreck! The worst part for me is always deciding what to wear, which, I have now transferred to my child (while completely ignoring the fact that I haven't a clue what I will wear). I have spent the entire week trying to decide, including two shopping trips and several calls to get my husband's opinion, (which I'm sure is appreciated while on a business trip). Tink doesn't care what she wears and I'm sure in five years I won't care what she was wearing. Nonetheless, it's completely sending me over the edge. I'm also nervous about the time of day - 4:30pm. I'm sure this, too, will be fine, but babies are always in such a great mood early in the day, and I just had it in my head that we would be taking pictures in the morning! Yes, I have officially morphed into "OCD Mom". I am posting some pictures I've taken myself to remind me that she will be adorable no matter what she's wearing or the time of day. In the mean time, if you've had a photo session with a baby lately and have some helpful tips or words of encouragement (or feel the need to confirm my obvious overreaction), by all means, help a crazy girl out :)



6 comments:

Andrea said...

haha! Girl you are so funny! dont worry Melissa is great and you saw the pics she did for me my last session and Tessa was NOT happy at ALL!!! And she still got a lot of great pics! But hey dont worry about freaking out about what to wear, I do it too everytime. Just pick something and go with it. dont stress too much (i know easier said then done). But just have fun and she will do the rest.

George and Shana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
David and Bethany said...

Of course your pictures will be great! I already can't wait to see them!

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leslie said...

And, I just realized your post said the pics are on Saturday. Today is Sunday...too late! Hope you didn't wear a denim blazer! ;)

mamaclay said...

Hey! I am having our pictures taken the Sunday afternoon and am in a total bad mood about it. I LOVE pictures and am soooo happy when we get them back but having them made totally stresses me out! Sooooo, in my opinion, you are not a crazy OCD mom :) Hope they turn out great!