Thursday, September 20, 2012

On the Farm

Some of R's favorite memories growing up are time spent at his grandparents' house. Now that his parents live there, he has the pleasure of sharing those things with our kids.
 Taking a ride on one of PaPa's tractors
 We let the kids stay up late one night just to catch fireflies - they still talk about it!
 A frequent request - riding around on the golf cart
The kids also like to play "restaurant" in the playhouse - PaPa's orders keep them in stitches!
 Checking out a caterpillar Daddy found in the garden
 Another highlight of the summer - picking (and eating) peaches!
Speaking of highlight, one of my favorite parts of the summer was bringing home fruits and veggies from the garden! We brought home WAY more than any one family could eat on more than one occasion, and I was very proud to learn how to can. I have my Granny's pressure cooker, and I could almost feel her smiling down on me as I pulled each batch out of the water. So far, I have canned green beans, salsa, spaghetti, stewed tomatoes, and pickled peaches (at Ryan's Dad's request). I also froze squash and zucchini. I am hooked and can't wait to get my hands on some apples :)

No comments: