Tuesday, May 31, 2011

First Prayer

Yes, I've been MIA for quite some time... There's a lot to catch up on, and I promise to deliver in the weeks to come. But for now, I couldn't let today pass without recording a special milestone: Tink said her own prayer tonight, and it was sweet music to this Mama's ears. For the past few months, we've been leading her in a simple prayer of thanksgiving at the end of the day. "Today we went to the zoo and played outside. What do you want to thank God for?" Tonight I listed the days' activities and our prayer began as usual, but when I prompted her to continue with, "In Jesus' name", she stopped me because she had more to say. And so, she continued:
"Dear God, thank you for M's house, thank you for going to Miss Sara's to get the 'partment keys, and for her saying hi to me, thank you for her new car, and for keeping Daddy safe. In Jesus' name, Amen."

No comments: