Sunday, August 22, 2010

sewing

So, I got a sewing machine a few weeks ago and have been dying to start my first project! My parents, aunt, and both grandmothers sew, so it's in my blood. I have great memories of having things made for me, and want that for my kids. I told my friend that I wanted to get started and she invited me over for a "nap time" sewing session (genius idea, by the way). We made ruffle shirts that turned out a lot better than I expected! The fabric of my shirt is a little heavier than I would like, but it's definitely wearable. I can't decide if it's "me", so I haven't worn it - maybe it will look better under a jacket. I now have a list of about a million projects that I want to try (did you know that the internet is CRAWLING with craft blogs?) This weekend, I used one of Tink's flannel receiving blankets to make a few doll diapers. She's very into playing "babies" right now, so they're a huge hit. This is a perfect way "repurpose" some of her baby things that I can't bear to part with. I also have something for Bug in the works, so I'll be sure to share it soon :)


No comments: